As of 22 April 2009 this website is 'frozen' in time — see the current IFLA websites
This old website and all of its content will stay on as archive –
59TH IFLA Council and General Conference
Barcelona, Spain, August 22-28, 1993
If you have any suggestions, comments or items that you would like to see added to this collection, please direct your messages to: IFLANET@ifla.org
Last Update: January 11, 1996
The conference day-by-day. (ASCII text, 80 K).
- CB = Coordinating Board of Division
SC = Standing Committee of Section
SI = Simultaneous Interpretation
- All meetings of the various steering bodies (with the
exception of the business meetings of the Executive and
Professional Boards) may be attended by observers provided
the Chairs have no objection.
- Normally papers are not presented in CB and SC meetings,
and in business meetings of the Sections and Round Tables.
- Papers are listed in the programme in the language in which
they will be delivered. If the original language title has
not been received, the English title is given. Note, too,
that because of late receipt of papers, the titles listed
may be working titles, but do reflect the content of the
paper to be presented.
- Papers received by the deadline of 10 July (up to code
number 120) will be provided in pre-printed booklets to all
participants upon registering. Workshop papers and late-
arriving papers can be obtained in exchange for coupons,
from the Paper Centre
- Complete references to the speakers can be found in the
list of participants.
7) Most of the meetings will be held at the Palau de
Congressos, with the exception of some workshops which are
- Any programme or meeting room changes will be announced in
the IFLA Express daily newsletter.
- Division rooms will be available; groups wishing to hold
extra meetings are requested to contact the IFLA
Headquarters Secretariat to reserve a room at a given time.